A snapshot of African immigration to Canada in the 18th Century
Reflect on what you see
Look and interact with the data visualizations above. When you hover your mouse over the bar graph, you’ll notice more information appears. You can also use the legend to make plots appear and disappear.
Think about the following questions.
- What do you notice about the graph?
- What do you wonder about the data?
Use the fill-in-the-blank prompts to summarize your thoughts.
- “I used to think _______”
- “Now I think _______”
- “I wish I knew more about _______”
- “These data visualizations remind me of _______”
- "I really like _______”
Learn how we visualized the data
Go to our walk-through (in Jupyter notebook format) to see how the data science process was applied to create the graph, from formulating a question, to gathering the data, analyzing the data with code, and creating the visualization.