Have you ever wondered what the most popular video games are?
This week, we explored that question by creating two pie charts using Wikipedia data about:
- Number of players for specific games (first pie chart)
- Video game sales (second pie chart)
Data source: Wikipedia: List of most-played games by player count
Data source: Wikipedia: List of best-selling video games
Reflect on what you see
Look and interact with the data visualizations above. When you mouse-over the pie charts, you'll notice more information appears.
Think about the following questions:
- What do you notice about the pie charts?
- What do you wonder about the data?
Use the fill-in-the-blank prompts to summarize your thoughts:
- "I used to think_______"
- "Now I think_______"
- "I wish I knew more about_______"
- "These data visualizations remind me of_______"
Learn how we visualized the data
Go to our walk-through (in Jupyter notebook format) to see how we used the data science process (formulating a question, gathering the data, analyzing the data with code, and creating the visualizations) to create the pie charts.
To learn more about how to use Callysto learning resources (Jupyter notebooks) in your classroom, visit our getting started page.